Watershed Landscape Project
Our project website is a one-stop-shop for information about the project and the programmes being run with our partners. To find out more detail about what has been going on please come and take a look:
We are now halfway through the project and, as a taster, we can share here some of the achievements to date across the whole project area.
• The project has worked with over 1196 volunteers, who have donated over 4000 hours of their time so far
• Over 600 school children have taken part in landscape based activities from poetry writing to geocaching
• More than 20 community groups involved in workshops and outings
• Over 50 funded events with our partners.
• Over 2.5 hectares of woodland created
• Over 2km of access improvements on the Kirklees way
• 1.5km of causey paving laid on Ilkley Moor
• Around 90m of dry stone walling completed through the Oldham training weekends,
• 7 exhibitions so far in museums, galleries, visitor centres and a shop window!
• Over 40 training days which more than 250 people have attended
• More than 50 hectares of hay meadows restored as part of the Twite Recovery Project
• New project website has received over 11,000 page views since launching in April
• New learning resources for secondary and primary schools launched on the website
Want to read more? Please come and take a look: